Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The Wedding Part 2

So as I left off in part 1, I wake up Sat with a knock at the door. Trying to walk over to the door I thought at first that I might had over slept and was going to be in a world of hurt. So how shocked was I to open the door and see a huge smile from lil Jackson Cobb greeting me at the door. I had not over slept, it was just time to hand out with Jackson and Cobb. We went and got some food, watched a liltle T.V. and packed up for the big day that was here. I remember on the car ride to the church trying nto figure out if I was going to get hit with nerves or not. I knew that I had made the right choice, I mean Kadee and I should not have met. It was a total God thing that I went up to CMU the night i did and met her for the first time, so I knew God would not steer me wrong. Arriving at the church around 11 A.m. there wasnt to many people around, then it happend. Standing in the parking lot holding a bag in one hand and, a tux in the other a wasp landed on my chest and started to explore. Now this wouldnt be a big deal except im DEADLY allergic to them and i couldnt blow it off.(which made him a little mad) so I screamed for Cobb to help.... in what seemed like 10 min, he came and saved the day. Wow what a close one!!!So Cobb and I are in the church and I realize that all us dudes have the gym to ourselfs. Man how cool is God I can Play B-ball all the way up till the service starts, yea. Getting changed it started to hit me, Im not at a friends wedding, Im at mine. so I did the only thing I knew to do, I went and played B-ball with God. Shooting the ball while praying was great, I was doing something physical while talking with God trying to calm my nerves. Then little by little my dudes start to arrive, then Jill comes in to tell me that we are going to do pics and it is time to see kadee for the first time. I know that its not right for the groom to see his bride before but, it was are wedding and we did what we wanted to do. As I was walking with Mrs. Border to see kadee I realized that my hand was shaking. I mean come on, I have done manly things at the fire station, I have trainned with the Tac team in our county and im shaking on the day of my wedding. So now Im standing with my back to the pews waiting for kadee and I hear her talking to someone as she walks down to me. I hear her stop not more than ten feet from me and tell me to turn around.

The only people in the church at this time is the photo guy, me and, my bride. So I turn around and wow. Im not the person to not beable to talk but, words can not discribe my bride that day. I mean even now I have a slight tear in my eye at the thought of her that day. She was.....perfect, the only way I could discribe her would be; you know in romantic movies when the girl walks down the stairs and everyone stairs at her well that was me. standing with my mouth open looking at my princessin all her beauty. man I just had to sit and talk to her for the 3 min we had alone to compose myself. Then it was back to getting ready for the wedding. more to come about the wedding in part 3, stay tunned.

No comments: