Thursday, October 25, 2007

the Wedding part 3

So now that pictures are done and, it is almost 1hr before the big event Kadee and I go back in to hiding. As I walk back to the gym where we dudes were playing b-ball I only remember the image of Kadee when I first turned around and saw her. It now dawns on me that I should eat something cause, I really do not want to drop in front of everyone. So Cobb and I got some cake, a Mt. Dew(which for all who were there saw that I shouldn't of had) and, took a walk outside. It was such a perfect day out, the sky was clear, the temp was just right and, there was a slight breeze coming in. Now up to this point I have been doing ok, I mean dont get me wrong my nerves were up but, not to bad. Not untill Dad Border came back all dressed up and told me of the large amount of people did I start to freak out. Looking out the door I still saw a huge line of people trying to be seated, crap that is a lot of people.

As Justin and Pastor Dave prayed for me right before we went out it all hit me. This is not one of my friends weddings, Im the groom, I am going to walk out of this room and marry Kadee. Lining up out side the door I remember Cobb and Big Daddy talking to me I just cant remember what they said. Walking my Mom and Mrs. Border up to light the candles I got to see just how many people were there. Its funny, in movies I remember how they can make time slow down and even stop. this is what was happening, the next thing I realize is Matt and Jill walking down, then Chewie and Squirt. Then the doors shut, Oh man now comes Kadee and her dad. As her mother stands so does every person in the room, all heads turn in the direction that I am looking. There id Kadee, my bride walking down to me with a HUGE smile looking right at me. Tears start to form in my eyes, and I look away for a mim at lil Jackson Cobb to try to blink them away but it doesn't work. Now she and her dad are right in front of me and I here," Who gives this girl away?"" Her mother and I" Mr. Border responds, and that is that, walking up the stairs with kadee I toke a huge breath. This is it, we are getting married. I dont remember much of the things said, I remember looking at Kadee and saying my vows. I kinda remember the song Matt and Jill wrote and sang, then I remember looking to chewie and him giving me a ring. At this point as I slip it on her finger, it is like I cant even talk. Im trying to repeat after justin but, the words just wont come out.(and the tears were trying to come back) Now I here Justin say I present to you Mr. and Mrs. Matthew Kidd, you may kiss your bride. Really, I can kiss kadee in front of people, heck yes, and then it is over. From start to finish the whole thing took 37 min, or if you were me 2hr23min. We then turn around to what seems like a million people clapping, yelling, and walk out. I just married my best friend, man the emotions that hit me as we hit the door were.......well indescribable. After dismissing everyone that came we took one min to ourselves while everyone was outside waiting. I remember taking Kadees hand looking her right in the eye and asking,"Are you ready to do this Mrs. Kidd?" "For the rest of my life Mr. Kidd!!!" The doors open to the outside and we leave the and jump right in a SUV and take off to have a few pics taken outdoors. After these are done its off to the second best time of the day, DINNER!

No comments: